Why wait? Finally, own a piece of history within walking distance to fine shopping, boutiques, outdoor cafes and the St. Johns River. No where will you find a finer property than this home on Osceola Street. This home features many fine appointments. Quality restoration can be found on the interior as well as the exterior. This charming and delightful home features a large family room with old style fireplace and builtin bookshelving. The gleaming floors are original hardwood and are in excellent condition. The dining room is large enough for a full size table, chairs and hutch. The kitchen has been refurbished and features stainless steel appliances, new butcher block countertops, tile flooring and backsplash, new lighting fixtures and a 36" gas stove. Unique to this home is an inside laundry facility with storage and plenty of extra space. Upstairs features two extra large bedrooms and two baths. The owners suite is extra large and has a walk in closet, and linen closet. The owners suite features a one of a kind fireplace. The owners bath features a shower, pedestal sink and new fixtures. The second bedroom is double size with a second bath. The secondary bath features a bathtub, new ceiling, wainscoating, tile flooring, new toilet and sink, light fixtures. This home also includes attic storage. The rear of the yard includes a paver patio for enjoying the peaceful yard. This quaint home has many features not to miss: New roof in 2007 COA (Certificate of Appropriateness with Jax Historic Planning Dept) to replace several windows - 2007 Replaced sewer discharge line from house to the street, and installed access/clean out line at side of property - 2008 Any window not replaced was refinished or refurbished - 2008 Insulated and house wrapped while siding was being replaced - 2008 Repainted exterior; windows, siding, doors, etc. - 2008 Updated home security system with new wireless features - 2008 Replumbed entire house including new water lines and fixtures - 2009 Remodeled kitchen with new butcher block countertops, tile floors, tile backsplash, new lighting, and new stainless steel appliances, 36" gas stove - 2009 Installed new paver driveway (with COA) and paver patio in the rear of property - 2009 Installed new french doors leading to rear paver patio and open backyard - 2009 Landscaped front and backyard to include sprinkler system. Full sod in back yard - 2009 Added second full bath with shower to the owners suite (permitted) - 2010 Built walk-in closet to owners suite including new light fixtures - 2010 Refinished secondary bathroom including tub refinish, new ceiling, wainscoating, tile floors, new toilet, sink and light fixtures - 2010 Remodeled laundry facility including the addition of a drop down ceiling storage area - 2010 Installed a tankless (Rennai) water heater (outdoor mount) - 2010 Updated electrical associated with all areas of remodel/refurbish - 2010 New HVAC system in April 2013 Did you know the HISTORY OF RIVERSIDE and AVONDALE ? Riverside was first platted in 1868 and was annexed by Jacksonville in 1887. Its greatest growth occurred between the Great Fire of 1901 and the failure of the 1920s Florida land boom; this period included the creation of the original Avondale development in 1920. Today, Riverside and Avondale are notable for their particularly diverse architecture and their emphasis on planning and historic preservation, which have made them Florida's most architecturally varied neighborhood. Both neighborhoods are listed as National Register Historic Districts. Riverside and Avondale were developed out of former plantation land. Most of this area was part of two plantations: Dell's Bluff, granted by the Spanish Florida government in 1801, and a tract eventually known as Magnolia Plantation, granted in 1815. Both changed hands several times before the American Civil War. In 1868, Dell's Bluff's then owner, Miles Price, sold off the southern part of the plantation to Florida Union editor Edward M. Cheney and Boston developer John Murray Forbes, who platted the original Riverside development. The northern part Price developed himself as Jacksonville's Brooklyn neighborhood. Riverside and Brooklyn saw modest growth until 1887, when the city of Jacksonville annexed them and established a streetcar line. Following the Great Fire of 1901, which destroyed most of Downtown Jacksonville, many displaced residents moved to Riverside. Wealthy citizens built mansions close to the river, while the less well-to-do purchased more modest bungalows and other homes further inland. The neighborhood grew steadily, with development continuing well beyond its original bounds to the south, until the collapse of the Florida land boom in the late 1920s. During this period, so many architects working in such a wide variety of contemporary styles experimented in Riverside that it has become the most architecturally diverse neighborhood in Florida. Largely due to Riverside's profusion of bungalow homes, Jacksonville has what is likely the largest number of such structures in the state. One notable section of Riverside is Silvertown, a subdivision developed in 1887 for African Americans. Initially isolated from largely white Riverside to the east, it was eventually absorbed into the growing neighborhood. As such, Silvertown residents became some of the few black homeowners in Riverside through the period of segregation. A few one-story wood-frame houses in the area may date to the original development, including one home owned by a woman and then her daughter from 1887 into the 1980s. The mid-20th century brought change to Riverside and Avondale, including the construction of Interstate 95 and the Fuller Warren Bridge, the establishment of St. Vincent's Medical Center, and the construction of office buildings along Riverside Avenue. Through this time, a number of Riverside and Avondale's historic buildings were demolished or allowed to decay. Neighborhood advocates fought this trend by forming a historic preservation organization, Riverside Avondale Preservation, in 1974, and lobbying for the creation of historic districts in the neighborhood. As a result, the Riverside Historic District, Jacksonville's first historic district, was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1985, and today comprises 6870 acres and contains 2120 historic buildings. In 1989, the Avondale Historic District was added, and the following year the Jacksonville City Council established the Jacksonville Historic Preservation Commission in order to protect historic structures. Riverside Avondale Preservation has grown into one of the largest such organizations in the country. As a result of this focus on preservation and planning, the American Planning Association named Riverside and Avondale one of the country's top ten neighborhoods in 2010.